PENETRATION DEPTH MEASUREMENT BETWEEN THE SEALING RUN ALONG THE WELD
Penetrations between sealing run - longitudinal hollows between two adjacent sealing runs. It is defined as the height difference in the place of the highest elevation of the weld metal above the surface of the welded parts and in the place of depression
- Set the welding gauge at the zero position
- Pull the fillet arm 2 out of the main gauge plate 1, matching the mark with a value corresponding to the diameter of the pipe being monitored
- Fix and lock the stop position by tightening the fillet arm rivet 6.
- Position the welding gauge on the test object.
- After rearranging the pivots in the groove located on the right side of the welding gauge, adjust them until they come into contact with the test object and fix it in position.
˟ the parameter measured during the monitoring process is highlighted in red
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above т. 1, corresponding to the height of the lower roller.
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the welded joint, take the value of the parameter w from the horizontal scale W, and subsequently the readings of the parameter h - from the vertical scale H.
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above т.2, lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the weld joint and measure the parameters w and h.
Using the calculator, you can determine the desired value from the measured parameters