MEASUREMENT OF SURFACE
Corrosion layers corrosion - failure in form of a separate layer
positioning the welding gauge
- Position the welding gauge on the surface of the base metal at a minimum distance from the measurement point.
- For greater stability of the welding gauge during measurement takings, use the pivots
˟the parameter measured during monitoring is
highlighted in red
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the measurement point.
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the test object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the parameter h from the vertical scale C as illustrated by the Figure aside.