Height measurement of the incomplete filling and the crater depth
Incomplete filling - It’s a continuous or an intermittent longitudinal groove on the surface of the weld formed due to insufficient filler material
- Set the welding gauge at the zero position
- Pull the fillet arm 2 out of the main gauge plate 1, matching the mark with a value corresponding to the diameter of the pipe being monitored
- Fix and lock the stop position by tightening the fillet arm rivet 6.
- Position the welding gauge on the test object.
- After rearranging the pivots in the groove located on the right side of the welding gauge, adjust them until they come into contact with the inspected object.
- Lock the pivots in this position as shown by the illustration
˟ красным цветом выделены параметры, подлежащие измерению
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the point of measurement (at the point of greatest concavity).
- Take the value of the parameter w on the horizontal scale W, and subsequently the readings of h from the vertical scale H
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 so that the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the test object at the point of measurement.
To determine the desired parameter h illustrated, use a calculator