measurement of the reinforcement height
Reinforcement height - Weld convexity is the distance measured between the base metal and the highest point of the weld surface, measured at its value.
positioning the welding gauge
- Set the welding gauge at the zero position
- Pull the fillet arm 2 out of the main gauge plate 1, matching the mark with a value corresponding to the diameter of the pipe being monitored
- Fix and lock the stop position by tightening the fillet arm rivet 6.
- Position the welding gauge on the test object.
- After rearranging the pivots in the groove located on the right side of the welding gauge, adjust them until they come into contact with the inspected object.
- Lock the pivots in this position as shown by the illustration
˟ the parameter measured during the monitoring
process is highlighted in red
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the measurement point (i.e at the point of its greatest convexity).
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the test object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the parameter w from the horizontal scale W, as well the readings for the parameter h from the vertical scale H.
- To determine the desired parameter g shown by the illustration
Using the calculator, you can determine the desired value from the measured parameters