measurement of the reinforcement width
Reinforcement width - It’s the distance between the visible fusion lines in front of the weld during fusion welding
˟ in the picture, the fillet arm 2 is aligned with a diameter of 325 mm
- Set the welding gauge at the zero position
- Pull the fillet arm 2 out of the main gauge plate 1, matching the mark with a value corresponding to the diameter of the pipe being monitored
- Fix and lock the stop position by tightening the fillet arm rivet 6.
- Position the welding gauge on the test object.
- After rearranging the pivots in the groove located on the right side of the welding gauge, adjust them until they come into contact with the inspected object.
- Lock the pivots in this position as shown by the illustration
˟ the parameter measured during the monitoring process is highlighted in red
- Position the welding gauge perpendicular to the weld and close to the fusion line. Move the linear member 3 towards the base until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the welded joint at the point corresponding to the fusion line.
- Take the value of the desired parameter e from a horizontal scale W as illustrated