Measurement of the reinforcement width
Reinforcement width - It’s the distance between the visible fusion lines in front of the weld during fusion welding
positioning the welding gauge
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the distance between the base of the welding gauge and the taper gauge 5 is greater than the width of the measured weld.
- Position the welding gauge perpendicular to the weld and close to the fusion line as illustrated
- For greater stability of the welding gauge when taking measurements, use the pivots
˟ the parameter measured during the monitoring process is highlighted in red
- Move the linear member 3 towards the base until the measuring point makes contact with the surface the welded joint at the point corresponding to the fusion line.
- Take the value of the desired parameter e from the horizontal scale W as illustrated