Measurement of the height of :
-root height layer
-tact weld imperfection
Root height layer - the amount of penetration of the base metal when welding the root layer of a multi-pass seam.
Tact weld imperfection - the amount of penetration of the base metal when welding the root layer of a multi-pass seam. The height of the root layer of the seam and the requirements for its quality should be regulated according to the production and technological documentations
- Position the welding gauge on the surface of the base metal at a minimum distance from the measuring point.
- For greater of the welding gauge when taking measurements, use the pivots.
˟ красным цветом выделен параметр, подлежащий измерению
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the point of measurement.
- From the vertical scale H, take the readings of parameter h.
- To obtain the desired parameter s, measure the difference between the nominal thickness and the measured parameter.
Using a calculator, you can determine the desired value of the from the measured parameters