MEASUREMENT OF THE
undercut - Is a sharp and cone-shaped recess at the border of the www.tapirus.info 54 из 59 surface of the weld with the base metal
- Set the welding gauge at the zero position
- Pull the fillet arm 2 out of the main gauge plate 1, matching the mark with a value corresponding to the diameter of the pipe being monitored
- Fix and lock the stop position by tightening the fillet arm rivet 6.
- Position the welding gauge on the test object.
- After rearranging the pivots in the groove located on the right side of the welding gauge, adjust them until they come into contact with the inspected object.
- Lock the pivots in that position where there is an undercut as shown by the illustration.
˟ the parameter measured during the monitoring
process is highlighted in red
- Using the fillet arm 2, position the welding gauge across the pipe.
- Position the welding gauge on the undercut , close to the boundary of the undercut and the base metal.
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the test object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the parameter h from the vertical scale H
- To determine the desired parameter h shown by the illustration, use a calculator.
Using the calculator, you can determine the desired value of the from the measured parameters