measurement of welding edge misalignment
Welding edge misalignment - misalignment in the location levels of welded parts in butt welded joints
- Position the welding gauge below the weld.
- For greater stability of tge welding gauge when taking measurements, use the pivots
- Position the welding gauge perpendicular to the axis of the weld, close to the fusion line (end face).
˟the parameter measured during monitoring process is highlighted in red
- Pull the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the point corresponding to the fusion line (end) of the second part of the welded joint.
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 until the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the tested object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the desired parameter δ from the vertical scale H