measurement of the undercut
undercut - Is a sharp and cone-shaped recess at the border of the surface of the weld with the base metal
positioning the welding gauge
- position the welding gauge at a minimum distance from the part of the weld where there is an undercut
- For greater stability of the welding gauge when taking measurements, use the pivots
˟ красным цветом выделен параметр, подлежащий измерению
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the point of measurement (the position of the greatest depth of the cut).
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 so that the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the inspected object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the desired parameter h from the vertical scale H as illustrated
Using the calculator, you can determine the desired value of the from the measured parameters