Height measurement of the incomplete filling and the crater depth
Incomplete filling,crater - It is a shrinkage cavity at the end of the weld seam which is not welded before or during subsequent passes, or it can be a defect in the weld, which is made in the form of recesses in the positions of sharp arc separation at the end of the welding process
- Position the welding gauge on the thinner side which is perpendicular to the weld and also close to the fusion line.
- For greater stability of the welding gauge when taking measurements, use the pivots
˟ красным цветом выделен параметр, подлежащий измерению
- Adjust the linear member 3 so that the taper gauge 5 is above the point of measurement (at the point of greatest concavity).
- Lower the top High-Lo arm 4 so that the taper gauge 5 makes contact with the surface of the test object at the point of measurement.
- Take the value of the desired parameter h from the vertical scale H.